WHAT YOU NEED FOR CAMP
1. School appropriate clothing, sunscreen, hat, chapstick etc…
2. Athletic shoes: no flip flops or skate board shoes. They need to be laced and fitting.
3. Insulated water jug: yes jug…you will need to stay hydrated
4. Sturdy 3 ring binder with a min. of 100 page protectors
5. Small 3×5 notebook for coordinates (dot book) that can be hung from your neck
6. Mechanical pencils
7. Healthy snacks and lunch (there will be no time to leave campus to get lunch)
8. Music Memorized (www.bowmen band.com in the student section use the code “forte”
The calendar is online and is linked to my current calendar so all changes made will be instantly available to you.
FORMS- ALL FORMS ARE ON THE WEBSITE
FILL OUTAND BRING TO CAMP:
Medical/Travel release form
Uniform fitting form
All other forms will be handed out to students August 18th and return the 23rd.
Marching Band Fee: $225
– This fee covers shoes, shirt, gloves, travel and food for the season. The fee is due at the beginning of the full band camp (August 23rd). If this fee is a hardship, please contact Mr. Petrik to make arrangements for payment and fund raising options. FEES SHOULD NOT DETER ANYONE FROM PARTICIPATING. WE WILL MAKE IT WORK.
Instrument Rental: $50 per instrument
Fitting will be held August 30th and Sept 1st from noon- 3pm. Please plan to be there the entire time as sectionals will be held during this time as well.
BRASS AND DRUMLINE will be fitted on the 30th
WOODWINDS will be fitted the 1st.
LEADERSHIP (chain of command)
Our student leaders have been trained to make band a great experience and to be ambassadors for their sections. To maximize our effectiveness, please contact your section leaders before you contact staff if you have any questions.