The marching band program is among the best programs offered at Sherwood High School. All students from Bowmen Band, Concert Band, Wind Ensemble and Color Guard perform in the marching band during the fall and one parade every other spring. The Sherwood Marching Band is a contemporary program that features the best designers, composers, arrangers, technicians and artists in our field.
SMB Basic Info Video https://youtu.be/JGWMMAqcIU4
2022 Marching Band Info
Sherwood HS Marching Band Handbook 2022
SHERWOOD MARCHING BAND REGISTRATION 2022
All students – Please work with your parents to complete the “TO DO” items listed below by JUNE 13. Send questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
❒ TO DO – Registration – Student/Family Information link
Due by June 13.
❒ TO DO – Student Measurements – To be taken at the end of Info night.
It’s important that ALL marching band students (except colorguard) have current measurements taken. At the conclusion of the info night presentation, please proceed to a measurement station in the commons. If your student was not present at info night, please provide their measurements here. link
❒ TO DO – Sign up for a uniform fitting time link
Uniform fittings will be August 14, all students (except color guard) must attend. First year students, please be accompanied by a parent. The purpose of your fitting will be to fine-tune the fit of your student’s uniform.
❒ TO DO – Annual Release Document This electronic docusign email form will be sent within two days of our
receiving your student/family info. The form requests your permission regarding the following topics: 1) Medical 2) Travel 3) Photographs 4) Uniform Care 5) Liability. Information you will need to complete on this form: 1) Name and group # of student’s health insurance 2) Name & phone of Student’s Physician 3) Allergies or other health concerns 4) Prescription medications that your student is taking.
❒ TO DO – Order Band Camp Supplies Please visit the Sherwood Band Boosters Online Store to place your order.
❒ TO DO – Pay annual Marching Band Program Fee of $400 link
In ParentVue click on FEES, then click the PAY FEES button to navigate to OPTIONAL fees. Four installments of $100 will cover the entire program fee. You MAY make all four payments now if you wish, select a QUANTITY OF (4) of the $100 fee. A fee payment of $100 is DUE on these dates: June 14, August 15, September 6, October 3.
❒ TO DO – Parent Volunteer Needs link
The marching band season would not be possible without the help of parents. Each parent is asked to contribute at least 10 volunteer hours throughout the season. Please consider selecting your volunteer spots now.
❒ TO DO – Annual Sherwood School District Volunteer Background Check The annual Sherwood School District background check will be available starting July 1. Information will be emailed to you at that time.
- Be a student that is currently enrolled in band at Sherwood High School.
- Colorguard members just need to be currently enrolled as a student at Sherwood High School.
- Have all music and warmups organized & prepared before the first rehearsal
- Grade requirements are as follows:
- Members must currently be passing and able to maintain grades in all classes. Grades will be checked on a regular basis. Members are not eligible to perform if they do not meet the following requirements:
- Minimum GPA of 2.0
- No Fs
- Homeroom assignments completed
- Failure to meet grade requirements which lead to a missed performance will be grounds for immediate and permanent dismissal from the band.
- Never previously quit or have been dismissed from the team mid-season.
- Knowledge of commitment, all practices, camp dates, fees and team expectations.
- Have a good attitude, and be ready to learn, perform, play music and have fun!