The Wind Ensemble performs the most advanced wind band literature and performs at various contests and festivals throughout the winter and spring. Students who participate in the Wind Ensemble must love music and be devoted to practicing. The Wind Ensemble has extra sectional/full ensemble rehearsals throughout the course of the year. Wind Ensemble positions are auditioned in the spring of each year.
Wind Ensemble Curriculum Documents
- SHS Band Handbook 2018-2019
- Performance Dates 2018-2019 – Concert & Jazz Bands
- Wind Ensemble Percussion – Proficiency List 2018-19
- Wind Ensemble WW & Brass – Proficiency List 2018-19
Sherwood High School Band Proficiencies
Sherwood High School Band Proficiencies are playing tests graded using the proficiency playing test rubrics. Each band has been assigned a developmentally appropriate & achievable sequence. Each proficiency is to be turned in electronically via email to Mr. Stai by 7am on the designated due date.
Email Proficiencies to: email@example.com
Subject Heading Must Include: Your Name, Proficiency Number (Example: Miles Davis, Proficiency #1)
- October 1
- October 22
- November 13
- December 10
- January 14
- February 6
- March 4 – (Solo & Ensemble Recital Recording)
- April 8
- April 22 (Concert & Bowmen Bands Only)
- May 13 (Concert & Bowmen Bands Only)
Wind Ensemble Sectional Plan – Start November 2018
- One Section Rehearsal per week.
- Inform Mr. Stai when & where the sectional will be happening.
- Work 1-3 things
- Work Pitch & Tuning
- Extra Rehearsals (In place of Sectional) – Tuesdays (Fridays, Mondays, Thursdays)
- Running a Sectional
- Lead chair comes up with musical agenda & leads rehearsal.
- Section members should give input to musical agenda prior to section rehearsal.
- Respect all voices in section rehearsal.
- Minimize talking & maximize playing.
Section Rehearsal Instrument Groupings
- Low Reeds – Bassoon, Bass Clarinet, Tenor Sax, Bari Sax
- Alto Saxophones