The Wind Ensemble performs the most advanced wind band literature and performs at various contests and festivals throughout the winter and spring. Students who participate in the Wind Ensemble must love music and be devoted to practicing. The Wind Ensemble has extra sectional/full ensemble rehearsals throughout the course of the year. Wind Ensemble positions are auditioned in the spring of each year.
Sherwood High School W.E. Auditions 2017-2018
Use this link to access this year’s All State Audition Music – https://www.oregonmusic.org/band-auditions.html
Sherwood High School Band Proficiencies
Sherwood High School Band Proficiencies are playing tests graded using the proficiency playing test rubrics. Each band has been assigned a developmentally appropriate & achievable sequence. Each proficiency is to be turned in electronically via email to Mr. Stai by 7am on the designated due date.
Email Proficiencies to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Heading Must Include: Your Name, Proficiency Number (Example: Miles Davis, Proficiency #1)
- October 3rd
- October 24th
- November 14th
- December 12th
- January 17th
- February 6th
- March 6th – Solo & Ensemble Recital
- April 8th
- April 24th (Concert & Bowmen Bands Only)
- May 15th (Concert & Bowmen Bands Only)
Wind Ensemble Sectional Plan – Start November 2016
- One Section Rehearsal per week.
- Inform Mr. Stai when & where the sectional will be happening.
- Work 1-3 things
- Work Pitch & Tuning
- Extra Rehearsals (In place of Sectional) – Tuesdays (Fridays, Mondays, Thursdays)
- Running a Sectional
- Lead chair comes up with musical agenda & leads rehearsal.
- Section members should give input to musical agenda prior to section rehearsal.
- Respect all voices in section rehearsal.
- Minimize talking & maximize playing.
Section Rehearsal Instrument Groupings
- Low Reeds – Bassoon, Bass Clarinet, Tenor Sax, Bari Sax
- Alto Saxophones
Midi Audio File of Reckonig – https://soundcloud.com/michael-markowski/reckoning
Glory to Glory – Access Via Kevin Walczyk’s Webpage – http://kevelimusic.com/portfolio-item/from-glory-to-glory/