I hope all of you enjoy your time this coming week with family and friends. Use the time to recharge and prepare for our high energy spring. Here is a overview of what to expect when we return
- 7am Concert band rehearsal (no jazz I or II)with percussion
- 7am Wind Ensemble rehearsal with percussion
- WESTERN OREGON BAND FEST
- Both bands are performing at Western Oregon
- Buses depart from Sherwood at 8am
- Performance times are 10:30 for Wind Ensemble and 11:30 for Concert band. Bands will return to Sherwood by 2pm
- Students will need to pack a lunch
- We still need chaperones for this trip, so let me know if you would like to join us
As a part of the
Willamette Valley Music Company Visual and Performing Arts Series,
We present to you a
Free Clinic for Brass Students and Performers of all ages and levels.
SATURDAY, MARCH 17, 2012
Willamette Valley Music Company
Dave Monette will demonstrate breathing techniques and mouthpieces that
make range and intonation possible for every brass player. Jeffrey Work and
Scotty Barnhart will perform on Trumpet, both solo and accompanied.
There will be time to test mouthpieces – BRING YOUR HORN!
484 State Street
Salem, OR 97301
Congratulations to all who performed this past Saturday. I heard many fine performances from all of our Sherwood High students. The following students earned high recognition:
Jake F. : District Tuba Champion
Wilson: District Low Sax Champion
Stephanie: Flute 2nd Alternate
Caitlin: Mallet Percussion 1st Alternate
Way to go!
Way to go to all the students and parents for yesterday’s 2nd place finish. We can take this all the way!
Find all the information you need for tomorrow’s performance here. We will load the Uhaul after tonight’s rehearsal and will see all parent volunteers at Fort Vancouver tomorrow morning.
Sky View (Fort Vancouver) Show Itinerary