Here is information and the student schedule for the Festival of Bands hosted at Autzen Stadium in Eugene, OR this Saturday, November 5.
Some items to note:
- This is our longest day. Students will be fed snacks, lunch, and dinner throughout the course of the day. There will also be concessions sold on site.
- Students need to bring black socks & show shirts and anything else associated with their uniform.
- Bring weather appropriate clothing to change into when out of uniform. It will be both wet and cold, come with jackets, gloves, blankets, rain gear, etc.
- Bring a Water Bottle & Stay Hydrated.
- Students can/should bring homework to do on the bus. There will be a couple of times throughout the bus ride and day where students can complete homework. There will also be moments in the day where the student in the role of a “performer” and also in the role of an “audience member” in an educational setting. Homework is allowed during the “free times”.
- Parents: They do charge $15 tickets at the gate to view performance.
- Event Schedule: https://contestdynamics.com/printschedule.php?EventID=114
- NWAPA Link: Here is a link to our marching circuit site with more info https://nwapa.net/fall10
Important: Students must be caught up on SMB fees in order to compete.
UofO Schedule 2022
|7:45 AM||Call time for members who need hair done.|
|8:05 AM||Leadership Meeting|
|8:10 AM||Call time for everyone else|
|8:35 AM||Load Buses|
|8:50 AM||Buses depart Sherwood|
|10:40 AM||Buses arrive at competition site. Percussion Prep Equipment.|
|11:00 AM||Brunch Meal in Bag (Percussion through First).|
|11:30 AM||Percussion Uniforms On|
|11:50 AM||Winds/Guard Uniforms On. Winds in-Camp Visual Warmup w/Scott (12:15)|
|11:55 AM||Percussion to Warmup Area to Begin Warmup|
|12:30 PM||Colorguard Move to Warmup Area & Begin Warmup|
|12:35 PM||Winds Drink Water & then Move to Warmup Area 1 (12:48-1:37 official time; Tracking/Music)|
|12:46 PM||Water Delivered to Guard|
|1:42 PM||Percussion/Winds/Colorguard move to Gate.|
|1:52 PM||Gate. Front Ensemble on time in order to get gear through.|
|2:05 PM||Prelims Performance|
|2:23 PM||Group Picture (for students)|
|2:36 PM||Return Equipment to Storage, Camp, Debrief, Out of Uniform, Return to Stands for Awards|
|2:45 PM||Meet as Full Ensemble, then get out of uniform and go watch bands.|
|4:32 PM||Prelims Awards|
|5:10 PM||Dinner/Performers Relax/Watch Bands|
|6:30 PM||* Percussion Uniforms/Shakos/Plumes, Personal Items on Bus|
|6:45 PM||* Winds/Guard Uniforms On. Personal Items on Bus. Winds in-Camp Visual Warmup w/Scott (7:05)|
|7:00 PM||* Percussion to Warmup Area to Begin Warmup|
|7:15 PM||* Colorguard Move to Warmup Area & Begin Warmup|
|7:25 PM||* Winds Drink Water & then Move to Warmup Area 1 (7:36-8:25 official time; Tracking/Music)|
|7:45 PM||* Water Delivered to Guard|
|8:20 PM||* End Percussion Ensemble, Pack Up|
|8:25 PM||* Percussion/Winds/Colorguard move to Gate.|
|8:35 PM||* Gate. Front Ensemble on time in order to get gear through.|
|8:48 PM||* Finals Performance|
|9:15 PM||* Return to Camp, Debrief, Out of Uniforms, Grab and Go Snack Bag, Return to Stands for Awards.|
|10:10 PM||Finals Awards Ceremony|
|10:40 PM||Students Help Packup Camp|
|11:00 PM||Buses leave for SHS|
|12:45 AM||Buses arrive at SHS, Students Help with Unload Process|
|1:00 AM||Students available for pickup|
* Time is subject to change based on placement following prelims
**There is always a chance we will arrive back at SHS sooner than anticipated. If that is the case, students will call home in advance to notify we are ahead of schedule.