Greetings SMB Members & Parents, We have a lot of itinerary related information below for both the Football Game on Friday, October 1 and the Competition on Saturday, October 2. This is going to be an exciting couple of days. Be mindful with nutrition & hydration. Get as much rest as possible. Looking forward!!!
Friday, October 1 – Football Game
Wear Show Shirts to School (Winds & Drumline performing at assembly)
4th/5th Period – Get music Stands out & tape off bleachers.
3:45 – Upper Field Rehearsal – Warmup, On & Off Process Reviewed – Chunk Through Show. Front Ensemble Warmup in the Band Room.
4:45 – Transition back to band room
5:00 – Dinner. Everyone chills out. No playing, drumming, spinning. Conserve Energy.
5:55 – Uniforms
6:25 – Line up to go outside
6:30 – Winds/Guard/F.E. go to Bleachers
6:45 – Drumline staged to lead team to field
6:55 – National Anthem & Fight Song
7:00 – Game Starts
9:15 – Approx. Game Over/Check In Uniforms/Packup/Cleanup
9:45 – Go Home
Here is information and the student schedule for the Linfield Marching Band Tournament this Saturday, October 2 at Linfield College in McMinnville. Some items to note:
- Bring a mask to have on you at all times during the day.
- Students will be fed Lunch & Dinner throughout the course of the day. There will also be concessions sold on site.
- Students need to bring black socks & show shirts and anything else associated with their uniform.
- Bring weather appropriate clothing to change into when out of uniform. IT WILL GET COLD!
- Anyone with long hair need to put their hair up into a bun to fit into shako.
- Students can/should bring homework to do on the bus. There will be a couple of times throughout the bus ride and day where students can complete homework. There will also be moments in the day where the student in the role of a “performer” and also in the role of an “audience member” in an educational setting. Homework is allowed during the “free times”.
- Parents: They do charge $15 tickets at the gate to view performance.
- NWAPA Link: Here is a link to our marching circuit site with more info https://nwapa.net/fall3/
Important: Students must be caught up on SMB fees through Payment #3 (See Calendar, Payment Schedule) in order to compete.
10/2 – SMB Member Schedule
|9:30||Call time in Band Room for members who need hair buns and leadership|
|9:45||Call Time in Band Room for everyone else|
|10:10||Load Buses & Depart|
|11:15||Arrive at Linfield. Percussion Prep Equipment.|
|12:10||Uniforms On/Prep Equipment|
|12:45||Winds & Colorguard go to Stands to Observe Bands|
|1:00||Students in Stands Listening. Leave at approx. 1:20, after North Salem.|
|1:00||Percussion Move to Warmup Area & Begin Warmup|
|1:20||Winds Back to Camp to Grab Instruments/Move to Warmup Area|
|1:45||Winds/Colorguard Begin Warmup|
|2:31||Percussion/Winds/Colorguard move to Gate. Prop Coordination.|
|3:05||Return Equipment to Camp, Debrief, Return to Stands for Awards|
|4:10||Back to Camp/Debrief/Out of Uniform|
|5:45||Percussion Uniforms/Shakos/Plumes, Personal Items on Bus|
|6:05||Winds & Colorguard Uniforms On, Personal Items on Bus|
|5:51||Percussion to Warmup Area|
|6:25||Winds & Colorguard Move to Warmup Area|
|7:31||Everyone moves to gate. Prop coordination.|
|8:04||Return to Camp, Debrief, Out of Uniforms, Pack Gear, Pack up Campsite.|
|8:45||Finals Awards Ceremony (FCs/Guard Captains arrive at 8:30 in uniform)|
|10:00||Buses leave for SHS|
|10:45||Buses arrive at SHS, Students Help with Unload Process|
|11:15||Students available for pickup|