OMEA Virtua Solo Festival Participants, I’m proud of everyone who took the time and effort to take their music to the next level in spite of the harsh conditions this year is doling out. Solo & Ensemble is one of the most challenging things we do. The growth that is demonstrated from each musician through the journey helps constitute what we are able to achieve in our larger ensembles. I hope you all grew musically and learned something through the process. When you grow, those around you benefit; we call that Leadership Through Performance.
I’m only posting OSAA Solo & Ensemble State Contest Qualifying results. If you are a District Champion, you automatically qualify to go to the State Contest. If you are an Alternate, you qualify to go to state but will only be scheduled if there is space available.
Congrats to everyone who earned the adjudicator’s nod to be considered “state contest worthy”.
2021 District Solo Results by Category
- Camryn Porter – Flute – District Champion
- Grace Applegate – Clarinet – District Champion
- David Hilt – Clarinet – District 3rd Place, 2nd Alternate to State
- Holly Schroeder – Bass Clarinet – District Champion
- Zach Mirek – Alto Sax – District 2nd Place, 1st Alternate
- Matthew Castronovo – District 2nd Place, 1st Alternate
- Dylan Brutosky – District 4th Place, 3rd Alternate to State
- Jason Hale – Mallet – District Champion
- Kyler Bjugan-Green – District 2nd Place, First Alternate to State
- Anthony Lee – Orchestral Snare – District Champion
- Anthony Lee – Rudimental Snare – District Champion
- Adric Prigodich – Rudimental Snare – District 2nd Place, 1st alternate to State
- Stella Colson – Rudimental Snare – District 3rd Place, 2nd alternate to State