Dear Band Students & Parents,
I hope this correspondence finds you healthy! I wanted to communicate prior to heading into the long break.
Please take instruments home over the break. Every ensemble (Jazz, Bowmen, Concert, Wind Ensemble) has festival music and proficiency music they can be working toward.
If anyone needs help transporting an instrument home, please let me know.
Please consider listening to these fine ensembles for inspiration & education:
- Jazz: Gordon Goodwin’s Big Phat Band, Count Basie Orchestra, John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Cannonball Adderly, Thelonius Monk, Max Roach, Paul Chambers, Snarky Puppy, The One O’clock Lab Band.
- Concert Band/Classical Style: Vienna Philharmonic, Cleveland Symphony (Szell), US Marine President’s Own Band, North Texas Wind Symphony, Tokyo Kosei Wind Orchestra, Dallas Wind Symphony.
- All competitions have been canceled for colorguard and percussion.
- The April 1st concert has been canceled; we will try to reschedule at some point as time & facilities allow.
- The Wind Ensemble festivals on April 3rd and April 6th are being postponed until we can reschedule.
Until we have more certainty, we will take this one day at a time.