Here is the student schedule for the Northwest Association for the Performing Arts Championships this Saturday, November 5th at Hillsboro Stadium. Some items to note:
- Students will be fed 2 full meals and two snacks. There will be concessions sold at Hillsboro Stadium.
- Students need to bring black socks & show shirts and anything else associated with their uniform.
- Bring weather appropriate clothing to change into when out of uniform.
- Girls/Guys with long hair need to put their hair up into a bun to fit into shako.
- Students can/should bring homework to do on the bus. There will be times throughout the bus ride and day where students can complete homework. There will also be moments in the day where the student in the role of a “performer” and also in the role of an “audience member” in an educational setting. Homework is allowed during the “free times”.
- Parents: They do charge $15 tickets at the gate to view performance.
Important: Students must meet grade expectations in order to perform.
Important: Students must have completed all due Naviance assignments in order to perform.
Important: Students must have SMB fees paid in full in order to compete.
Student Schedule for Saturday, November 5th
8:00 call time for students
8:30 begin rehearsal (football stadium)
10:00 end rehearsal, load instruments, sound equipment
10:15 hot meal served at SHS
11:35 load buses
11:50 buses depart SHS
12:35 buses arrive Hillsboro Stadium
12:45 distribute shakos/uniforms on
1:10 move to warm-up area
1:36 begin warmup
1:35 call time for pit crew
2:28 warmup ends, move to gates, prop coordination
2:38 gate time
2:48 performance time
2:55 out of uniforms, snack
Finals Warmup & Performance Schedule TBD
10:15 trucks arrive SHS, call time for unload crew
10:30 load buses
10:45 buses depart for Sherwood
11:30 buses arrive at SHS, check in uniforms
12:00 kids available for pick up