6-12th grade band members from Laurel Ridge, Sherwood Middle and Sherwood High Schools will be highlighted during this event.
I wanted to share a couple of things that may/may not been already known for this evening.
- There is a $3 cover charge to watch SHS Jazz Band
- Those who made reservations will have seats for sure.
- There is a $15 food minimum per person for dinner reservations.
- Mel Brown starts at 8pm. Minors are encouraged to stay for the 1st set, but will need to leave at 9pm.
- If you plan to stay for Mel Brown’s group, an additional $3 cover will be collected.
- If you do not plan to stay for Mel Brown and are going to order food for one of our band members, make sure to order the food during our performance as it may not be served in time before Mel’s group starts.
The band sounded great this morning and the members are excited to perform!
GLENCOE NWAPA SHOW
Saturday Februarary 18th
Saturday Feb. 18th
- 9 am: Loading
- We need 4 adults and 4-6 students to load.
- All other students will meet at GLENCOE High School at 11:00am in uniform
- 10am: Tent Set up at GLENCOE
- We need 4-6 adults and all students ready to set up camp.
- 11:00 am: Check in at GLENCOE
- All members need to meet and check in at the SHS tent.
- All students should be in uniform and ready for warm up
- 12 pm: Warm-up
- 1:28 pm: Ready area
- 1:40 pm: Performance
- 7:30 pm: Break down camp and load trailer
- 8:30pm: Depart to Sherwood
- SHS is not providing transportation. Students will need to find their own transportation to and from the event.
- It is the responsibility of the parent/student to secure safe and reliable transportation.
- A signed transportation waiver must be on file for all students. If you were in marching band, then we have one. Please check the website for the form if needed.
- All students need to eat BEFORE they arrive at GLENCOE for check in. There will be no time to eat after check in and before the performance.
- Bring a lunch or money for concessions for after the performance and for dinner
ALL OTHER INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE ON OUR WEBSITE UNDER PERCUSSION-EVENTS
SHS is holding a food drive this week and classes are competing against each other to see who can bring in the most food. All food is donated to the “Helping Hands Project”.
Concert Band is the class representing the band! So lets get going and show the school what program has the most spirit. Here is the schedule:
Wednesday: “Wheaty Wednesday”
Bring anything that is made of a grain for double points… pasta, cereal, granola bars, etc. Best way to win is by bringing in individually packaged cheaper
items like Top Ramen, Mac and Cheese, single serving cereal, or
Thursday: Toiletry Thursday
Bring in toiletries for double points….toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoo, conditioner, floss, etc…
Friday: “Feast Friday”
Double point items include tuna, stew, etc…
2012 SHS WINTER PERCUSSION SEASON
This year’s winter percussion group is on their way to great success. The show is going to be one of the best in the circuit and the kids are working so hard to ensure quality performances. Similar to marching band, winter percussion cannot run without our volunteers. It is not as demanding in terms of number of volunteers, but we do need help for each event. Below you will find a list of events and the needs for each event.
Please look over the event dates
and send me an email email@example.com confirming events and tasks for which you will be able to volunteer.
- Pull vehicle for trailer
There are specifications for pulling. CLICK HERE FOR SPECS.
- Sat. morning loading crew– 4 adults, 4 students
- Camp set up crew– 4 adults
This group will need to set up the large tent in the parking lot and make sure there is coffee!
- Equipment/Pit crew– 4 adults
We will need help with moving equipment/pit to and from the performance area. These volunteers are usually the set up crew as they will be there for the entire even
- Camp tear down crew-4 adult
This group will tear down the camp area and pack the
- Unloading crew– 4 adults, 4 students
Make sure all gear is unloaded and properly stored at SHS
SHS WINTER PERCUSSION SEASON EVENT SCHEDULE
Saturday February 11th : Evergreen Premier
Evergreen High School (Vancouver, Washington)
Saturday February 18th : Glencoe High School
Glencoe High School (Beaverton)
Saturday March 24th : Westview Invitational
Westview High School (Beaverton)
Saturday April 7th : NW Championships
West Salem High School (Salem)
The Wind Ensemble is performing this piece entitled “Merry Go Round” at the District Band Festival February 23rd at SHS in the main gym!
Ezra will be the guest artist joining the SHS jazz band for their Jimmy Maks gig on February 21st.
The SHS band will perform one of Ezra’s compositions while he joins us on keys.
CLICK HERE to listen to Ezra..
CLICK HERE to visit Ezra’s website