Hello SMB Members & Parents, Below are itineraries for our Friday, October 22 Rehearsal/Truck Load and the competition on Saturday, October 23. As always, be mindful with nutrition & hydration. Get as much rest as possible. Looking forward to finishing strong with less than two weeks remaining on the season.
Friday, October 22 – Rehearsal & Truck Load (Pizza Provided for SMB Members)
3:45 – Upper Field Rehearsal
6:15 – Transition back to band room
6:30 – Equipment/Truck Load
7:30 – Approximate time winds are done
8:00 – Approximate time percussion are done.
Here is information and the student schedule for the Century Showcase this Saturday, October 23 at Hillsboro Stadium. Some items to note:
- Bring a mask to have on you at all times during the day.
- Students will be fed Lunch & Dinner throughout the course of the day. There will also be concessions sold on site.
- Students need to bring black socks & show shirts and anything else associated with their uniform.
- Bring weather appropriate clothing to change into when out of uniform. IT WILL BE WET & IT WILL GET COLD.
- Anyone with long hair need to put their hair up into a bun to fit into shako.
- Students can/should bring homework to do on the bus. There will be a couple of times throughout the bus ride and day where students can complete homework. There will also be moments in the day where the student in the role of a “performer” and also in the role of an “audience member” in an educational setting. Homework is allowed during the “free times”.
- Parents: They do charge $15 tickets at the gate to view performance.
- NWAPA Link: Here is a link to our marching circuit site with more info https://nwapa.net/fall7/
Important: Students must be caught up on SMB fees in order to compete.
|8:30||Call time in Band Room for members who need hair buns|
|8:50||Marching Leadership Meeting|
|9:00||Call Time in Band Room for everyone else|
|9:40||Buses depart Sherwood|
|10:30||Arrive at Hillsboro Stadium. Percussion Prep Equipment.|
|10:45||Lunch (Percussion to front of line once equipment prepped)|
|11:20||Percussion Uniforms On|
|11:35||Winds & Guard Uniforms On|
|11:45||Percussion Move to Warmup Area|
|12:00||Winds & Guard to Warmup Area|
|12:45||Water Delivered to Winds/Guard|
|1:30||Percussion/Winds/Colorguard move to Gate. Prop Coordination.|
|2:06||Quickly Return Props/Equipment, Return to Stands to observe WS & GP|
|3:40||Back to Camp/Out of Uniform|
|4:00||Dinner/Relax (Go watch Southridge at 5:30)|
|6:15||Percussion Uniforms On, Personal Items on Bus|
|6:30||Winds & Guard Uniforms On, Personal Items on Bus|
|6:35||Percussion to Warmup Area|
|6:50||Winds & Guard to Warmup Area|
|7:35||Water delivered to Winds/Guard|
|8:14||Everyone moves to gate. Prop coordination.|
|8:44||Return to Camp, Debrief, Out of Uniforms, Pack Gear, Pack up Campsite.|
|9:40||Finals Awards Ceremony (FCs/Guard Captains arrive at 8:45 in uniform)|
|10:10||Continue Camp Packup. Board buses/attendance|
|10:50||Buses leave for SHS|
|11:35||Buses arrive at SHS, Students Help with Unload Process|
|12:00||Students available for pickup*|
*There is always a chance we will arrive back at SHS sooner than anticipated. If that is the case, students will call home in advance to notify we are ahead of schedule.