Hello SMB Members & Parents, Below are itineraries for our Friday, October 8 Pictures/Rehearsal/Truck Load day, and the competition on Saturday, October 9. As always, be mindful with nutrition & hydration. Get as much rest as possible. Last weekend was a blast and I can’t wait to do it again!
Friday, October 8 – 9:00am-6:00pm – Pictures/Rehearsal/Truck Load
SMB Photos – Stadium Bleachers
9:00 – Start getting uniforms on (We won’t be using shakos, so no hair crew. Do your own hair-do)
9:30 – Pictures (Stadium)
10:00 – Uniforms Off
SMB Rehearsal – Upper Field
10:30-12:00 – Split Rehearsal
12:00 – Lunch
1:00 – Full Ensemble Rehearsal
4:00 – Rehearsal Over, Packup Equipment
4:30 – Equipment Load
5:15 – Winds/CG Finished w/Equipment Load. Go Home
6:00 – Percussion Finished w/Equipment Load. Go Home
Here is information and the student schedule for the Liberty Marching Arts Challenge this Saturday, October 9 at Hillsboro Stadium. Some items to note:
- Bring a mask to have on you at all times during the day.
- Students will be fed Lunch & Dinner throughout the course of the day. There will also be concessions sold on site.
- Students need to bring black socks & show shirts and anything else associated with their uniform.
- Bring weather appropriate clothing to change into when out of uniform. IT WILL GET COLD and possibly wet.
- Anyone with long hair need to put their hair up into a bun to fit into shako.
- Students can/should bring homework to do on the bus. There will be a couple of times throughout the bus ride and day where students can complete homework. There will also be moments in the day where the student in the role of a “performer” and also in the role of an “audience member” in an educational setting. Homework is allowed during the “free times”.
- Parents: They do charge $15 tickets at the gate to view performance.
- NWAPA Link: Here is a link to our marching circuit site with more info https://nwapa.net/fall5/
Important: Students must be caught up on SMB fees in order to compete.
10/9 – SMB Member Schedule
|9:15||Call time in Band Room for members who need hair buns and marching leadership|
|9:30||Call Time in Band Room for everyone else|
|10:10||Buses depart Sherwood|
|11:00||Arrive at Hillsboro Stadium. Percussion Prep Equipment.|
|11:15||Lunch (Percussion Through First)|
|11:40||Percussion Uniforms On|
|11:55||Winds & Guard Uniforms On|
|12:00||Percussion Move to Warmup Area|
|12:15||Winds & Guard to Warmup Area|
|1:05||Water Delivered to Winds/Guard|
|1:49||Percussion/Winds/Colorguard move to Gate. Prop Coordination.|
|2:05||Quickly Return Props/Equipment, Return to Stands to observe MHS, CHS, LHS|
|4:00||Back to Camp/Out of Uniform|
|5:50||Percussion Uniforms On, Personal Items on Bus|
|6:05||Percussion to Warmup Area|
|6:20||Winds & Guard Uniforms On, Personal Items on Bus|
|6:35||Winds & Guard to Warmup Area|
|7:05||Water delivered to Winds/Guard|
|7:43||Everyone moves to gate. Prop coordination.|
|8:15||Return to Camp, Debrief, Out of Uniforms, Pack Gear, Pack up Campsite.|
|9:04||Finals Awards Ceremony (FCs/Guard Captains arrive at 8:45 in uniform)|
|9:40||Continue Camp Packup. Board buses/attendance|
|10:20||Buses leave for SHS|
|11:10||Buses arrive at SHS, Students Help with Unload Process|
|11:30||Students available for pickup*|
*There is always a chance we will arrive back at SHS sooner than anticipated. If that is the case, students will call home in advance to notify we are ahead of schedule.