Dear SMB Members & Parents, Thank you for a great season. I’m really impressed with our students, leadership, staff, and the army of volunteers that make it all go. When I step back and look at it from the bird’s eye view, it’s really incredible. Great People & Great Music. I couldn’t be happier with our team.
Saturday is going to be a celebration of the wonderful feats achieved by our students, designers, and parent volunteers. Weather it be Sun, Wind, Rain, Monsoon… Be in the moment & savor every minute.
Here is the student schedule for the NWAPA Championships/Festival of Bands at Autzen Stadium this Saturday, November 2. Some items to note:
- Students will be fed throughout course of the day. There will also be concessions sold at Autzen Stadium.
- Students need to bring black socks & show shirts and anything else associated with their uniform.
- Bring weather appropriate clothing to change into when out of uniform.
- Girls/Guys with long hair need to put their hair up into a bun to fit into shako.
- Students can/should bring homework to do on the bus. There will be times throughout the bus ride and day where students can complete homework. There will also be moments in the day where the student in the role of a “performer” and also in the role of an “audience member” in an educational setting. Homework is allowed during the “free times”.
- Parents: They do charge $15 ticketsat the gate to view performance.
- Parents: There is a $5 fee for parking at Autzen Stadium
Important: Students must meet grade expectations in order to perform.
Important: Students must have SMB fees paid in full in order to compete.
Championships Show Student Schedule.v1
|8:45||Call Time/Attendance/Announcements/Time for a few Buns & Braids|
|9:30||Buses depart Sherwood|
|11:30||Arrive at Autzen Stadium. Percussion Prep Equipment. Buns & Braids Continued.|
|11:45||Brunch Meal in Bag. Winds & Colorguard go to stands to Observe 2-3 groups.|
|12:25||Percussion Uniforms On|
|12:45||Percussion Move to Warmup Area & Begin Warmup|
|12:55||Winds Uniforms On|
|1:15||Winds Move to Warmup Area & Begin Warmup|
|1:40||Colorguard Move to Warmup Area & Begin Warmup|
|2:36||End Percussion Ensemble, Break-down Front Ensemble|
|2:46||Percussion/Winds/Colorguard move to Gate. Prop Coordination.|
|2:56||Gate. Front Ensemble arrive early to get gear through.|
|3:40||Return Equipment to Camp, Debrief, Out of Uniform, Return to Stands for Awards|
|6:35||Percussion Uniforms, Personal Items on Bus|
|6:55||Percussion Move to Warmup Area & Begin Warmup|
|7:05||Winds Uniforms, Personal Items on Bus|
|7:25||Winds Move to Warmup Area & Begin Warmup|
|7:35||Colorguard Move to Warmup Area & Begin Warmup|
|8:30||End Percussion Ensemble, Break-down Front Ensemble.|
|8:40||Percussion/Winds/Colorguard move to Gate. Prop coordination.|
|9:15||Return to Camp, Debrief, Out of Uniforms, Grab and Go Snack Bag, Return to Stands for Awards.|
|9:15||Call time for Uniform Breakdown Crew|
|10:00||Finals Awards Ceremony|
|10:30||Students Help Packup Camp|
|10:50||Board buses/attendance, trucks leave for SHS|
|11:00||Buses leave for SHS|
|1:00||Buses arrive at SHS, Students Help with Unload Process|
|1:10||Students available for pickup|