Here is the student schedule for the Sherwood Fall Showcase this Saturday, October 5th at Linfield College in McMinnville. Some items to note:
- Students will be fed throughout course of the day. There will also be concessions sold on site.
- Students need to bring black socks & show shirts and anything else associated with their uniform.
- Bring weather appropriate clothing to change into when out of uniform. IT WILL GET COLD!
- Girls/Guys with long hair need to put their hair up into a bun to fit into shako.
- Students can/should bring homework to do on the bus. There will be a couple of times throughout the bus ride and day where students can complete homework. There will also be moments in the day where the student in the role of a “performer” and also in the role of an “audience member” in an educational setting. Homework is allowed during the “free times”.
- Parents: They do charge $15 tickets at the gate to view performance.
Important: Students must meet grade expectations in order to perform.
Important: Students must have SMB fees paid in full in order to compete.
Sherwood Showcase Student Schedule v2
|8:45||Call Time/Attendance/Announcements/Time for a few Buns&Braids|
|9:40||Buses depart Sherwood|
|10:20||Arrive at Linfield. Percussion Prep Equipment. Buns & Braids Continued.|
|10:45||Brunch Meal in Bag provided. Go to Stands to Observe Bands|
|11:00||Students in Stands Listening. Leave at 11:30.|
|11:40||Percussion Uniforms On/Shakos/Plumes|
|11:45||Winds Uniforms On/Shakos/Plumes|
|12:00||Percussion Move to Warmup Area & Begin Warmup|
|12:00||Photos of individual performers as they are suited up|
|12:30||Winds Move to Warmup Area|
|12:40||Winds Begin Warmup|
|12:50||Colorguard walk to warmup|
|1:00||Colorguard Warmup begins|
|1:15||Pit Crew & Helpers w/Percussion|
|1:45||End Percussion Ensemble, Break-down Front Ensemble|
|2:00||Percussion/Winds/Colorguard move to Gate. Prop Coordination.|
|2:30||Return Equipment to Camp, Return to Stands for Awards|
|3:10||Back to Camp/Debrief/Out of Uniform|
|4:10||Winds & Drumline walk to stadium for Star Spangled Banner|
|4:25||Rehearsal: Star Spangled Banner with Mountainside & West Salem.|
|4:45||Perform Star Spangled Banner prior to Finals Round|
|5:00||Winds & Drums back to camp. Dinner. Relax.|
|6:10||Percussion Uniforms/Shakos/Plumes, Personal Items on Bus|
|6:15||Winds Uniforms/Shakos/Plumes, Personal Items on Bus|
|6:30||Percussion Move to Warmup Area|
|6:35||Winds Move to Warmup Area|
|6:45||Winds Begin Warmup|
|6:50||Colorguard walk to warmup|
|7:50||End Percussion Ensemble, Break-down Front Ensemble|
|7:55||Everyone moves to gate. Prop coordination.|
|8:27||Return to Camp, Debrief, Out of Uniforms, Pack Gear, Pack up Campsite.|
|8:43||Finals Awards Ceremony (Field Conductor’s & Guard Captain Only)|
|10:00||Board buses/attendance, trucks leave for SHS|
|10:10||Buses leave for SHS|
|11:00||Buses arrive at SHS, Students Help with Unload Process|
|11:30||Students available for pickup*|
*There is a chance we will arrive back at SHS sooner than anticipated. If that is the case, students will call home in advance to notify we are ahead of schedule.