OMEA DISTRICT 14 SOLO & ENSEMBLE FESTIVAL SATURDAY, March 2 @ WEST LINN HIGH SCHOOL
This is an annual festival offered to HS band students in our area. Students are encouraged to prepare either a solo piece with accompaniment or to participate in a small ensemble (duet, trio, etc.) and perform in front of a small audience and adjudicator. This adjudicator writes comments in regards to the quality of performance and also gives constructive feedback for our students. Anyone who has gone through this process will testify that you grow exponentially as a musician when you prepare and perform a solo piece of music. The performing experience coupled with the constructive feedback of a professional adjudicator is a priceless experience for our young musicians who are looking for a challenge and to push themselves beyond the average day of music class. Students who place at the top of their instrument will go on to perform at the OSAA state solo contest.
Wind Ensemble members are expected to participate in this event. Concert or Bowmen Band should strongly consider this additional performing opportunity even though it is not required!
OMEA Solo & Ensemble Participants – Sign up on Clipboard in Band Room & Get These Items to Mr. Stai by February 4
- Name(s) performing in solo or ensemble
- What you are playing (Either a solo, duet, trio, etc.)
- Accompanist Name (if using accompanist)
- Money – $10 check payable to SHS – Give to Debi Bear and bring Receipt back to Mr. Stai. We don’t normally handle payments this way, but for solo & ensemble we do. Thanks!
- Individual Solo – $10
- Small Ensemble – $10 per ensemble (A Duet would pay $5 each, a trio $3.33 each, a quartet $2.50 each, etc.) Ensembles, please have ONE person pay Debi Bear and bring a receipt back to Mr. Stai.
Help get people involved in this great activity! Our band program grows exponentially when our musicians participate in solo & ensemble!
Important Scheduling Note: This year’s solo & ensemble festival is on the same date as our Swingin’ the Green Fundraiser. More details regarding Swingin’ the Green can be found at https://sherwoodbands.org/swingin-the-green/