Hey Everyone. Thank you for a great season. I’m really impressed with our students, leadership, staff, and the army of volunteers that make it all go. When I step back and look at it from the bird’s eye view, it’s really incredible. Great People & Great Music. I couldn’t be happier with our team.
Saturday is going to be a celebration of the wonderful feats achieved by our students, designers, and parent volunteers. Weather it be Sun, Wind, Rain, Monsoon… Be in the moment & savor every minute.
Here is the student schedule for the NWAPA Championships/Festival of Bands at Autzen Stadium this Saturday, October 27. Some items to note:
- Students will be fed throughout course of the day. There will also be concessions sold at Autzen Stadium.
- Students need to bring black socks & show shirts and anything else associated with their uniform.
- Bring weather appropriate clothing to change into when out of uniform.
- Girls/Guys with long hair need to put their hair up into a bun to fit into shako.
- Students can/should bring homework to do on the bus. There will be times throughout the bus ride and day where students can complete homework. There will also be moments in the day where the student in the role of a “performer” and also in the role of an “audience member” in an educational setting. Homework is allowed during the “free times”.
- Parents: They do charge $15 tickets at the gate to view performance.
- Parents: There is a $5 fee for parking at Autzen Stadium
Championships Schedule – Student Version
|8:35||Buns & Braids|
|9:30||Buses depart Sherwood|
|11:40||Arrive at Autzen Stadium (Percussion Prep Equipment)|
|12:35||Percussion Uniforms On/Shakos/Plumes – EARLIER START DUE TO TRAVEL (10 Min)|
|12:35||Props Ready for testing|
|12:55||Percussion Move to Warmup Area & Begin Warmup|
|1:05||Winds Uniforms On/Shakos/Plumes – EARLIER START DUE TO TRAVEL (5 Min)|
|1:25||Winds Move to Warmup Area|
|1:40||Winds Begin Warmup|
|1:55||Water Delivered to Percussion/Winds/Guard (in this order)|
|2:10||Pit Crew & Helpers w/Percussion|
|2:40||End Percussion Ensemble, Break-down Front Ensemble|
|2:45||Move to Gate, Prop Coordination, Pit moves to gate|
|3:40||Return to Camp, Out of Uniforms, Back to Stands.|
|4:40||Camp Meeting – Discuss Prelims Performance & Finals Schedule|
|4:50||Relax/Dinner (Snacks Available up until putting on uniform)|
|5:45||Percussion Uniforms/Shakos/Plumes, Personal Items on Bus|
|5:45||Props ready for testing|
|6:05||Percussion Move to Warmup Area|
|6:30||Winds Uniforms/Shakos/Plumes, Personal Items on Bus|
|6:50||Winds Move to Warmup Area|
|7:02||Wind Begin Warmup|
|7:38||Water delivered to Percussion/Winds/Guard (in this order)|
|7:53||Recall time for pit crew/begin camp tear down|
|8:23||End Percussion Ensemble, Break-down Front Ensemble|
|8:28||Move to gate, prop coordination, pit moves to gate|
|9:03||Return to Camp, Debrief, Out of Uniforms, Pack Gear, Back to Stands.|
|9:40||Watch OMB & Finals Awards Ceremony|
|10:25||Return to camp, help with tear-down|
|10:40||Board buses/attendance, trucks leave for SHS|
|10:50||Buses leave for SHS|
|1:00am||Buses arrive at SHS, Students Help with Unload Process|
|1:20am||Students available for pickup|