Here is the student schedule for the Pacific Coast Invitational this Saturday, September 29th at Sprague High School. Some items to note:
- Students will be fed throughout course of the day. There will also be concessions sold on site.
- Students need to bring black socks & show shirts and anything else associated with their uniform.
- Bring weather appropriate clothing to change into when out of uniform. It gets cold!
- Girls/Guys with long hair need to put their hair up into a bun to fit into shako.
- Students can/should bring homework to do on the bus. There will be times throughout the bus ride and day where students can complete homework. There will also be moments in the day where the student in the role of a “performer” and also in the role of an “audience member” in an educational setting. Homework is allowed during the “free times”.
- Parents: They do charge $15 tickets at the gate to view performance.
Important: Students must meet grade expectations in order to perform.
Important: Students must have completed all due Naviance assignments in order to perform.
Important: Students must have SMB fees paid in full in order to compete.
- 7:35 Student call time/check out uniforms and rain coats/attendance
- 8:10 Load buses
- 8:30 Buses depart Sherwood
- 9:40 Arrive at Sprague, eat breakfast in stands & watch bands
- 10:10 Percussion uniforms on, shakos/plumes
- 10:30 Percussion move to rehearsal area
- 11:10 Winds uniforms on
- 11:30 Winds move to rehearsal area
- 12:19 Begin Full Percussion Ensemble warmup
- 12:54 End Percussion Ensemble, break down pit
- 12:59 Move to gate, Prop coordination, Pit moves to gate
- 1:09 Gate Time
- 1:19 Performance
- 1:34 Return to camp, debrief, out of uniforms, back to stands.
- 2:15 Prelim awards
- 2:45 Back to camp/Relax
- TBD Drumline rehearsal (all drumlines in attendance) for full retreat
- 4:30 Early Dinner
- 5:10 Percussion Uniforms on, personal items on bus (line cases up under buses).
- 5:30 Percussion move to rehearsal area
- 5:40 Winds uniforms on, personal items on bus (line cases up under buses)
- 6:00 Winds Move to rehearsal area
- 6:21 Begin Full Percussion Ensemble warmup
- 7:10 End Percussion Ensemble, break down pit
- 7:14 Move to gate, prop coordination, pit moves to gate
- 7:24 Gate Time
- 7:34 Performance
- 7:47 Move to Stands, watch GP. Move front ensemble equipment back to camp.
- 8:20 Drumlines at pit entrance for retreat
- 8:35 Awards & Retreat
- 9:10 Return to camp, help with tear-down
- 9:40 Board buses/attendance
- 9:50 Buses leave for SHS
- 11:00 Buses arrive at SHS, turn in uniforms
- 11:25 Students available for pickup