Hey Everyone. Thank you for a great season. Regardless of results, Saturday is going to be a celebration of the wonderful feats achieved by our students, designers, and parent volunteers. Wind, Rain, Monsoon… Be in the moment & savor every minute.
Here is the student schedule for the NWAPA Championships/Festival of Bands at Autzen Stadium this Saturday, November 4th. Some items to note:
- Students will be fed throughout course of the day. There will also be concessions sold at Autzen Stadium.
- Students need to bring black socks & show shirts and anything else associated with their uniform.
- Bring weather appropriate clothing to change into when out of uniform.
- Girls/Guys with long hair need to put their hair up into a bun to fit into shako.
- Students can/should bring homework to do on the bus. There will be times throughout the bus ride and day where students can complete homework. There will also be moments in the day where the student in the role of a “performer” and also in the role of an “audience member” in an educational setting. Homework is allowed during the “free times”.
- Parents: They do charge $15 tickets at the gate to view performance.
- Parents: There is a $5 fee for parking at Autzen Stadium
Important: Students must meet grade expectations in order to perform.
7:00 Call time for loaders/drivers/percussion to load trailer
8:00 Call time for kids, check out uniforms
8:35 Load buses, attendance
8:50 Buses depart SHS
10:50 Buses arrive at Autzen
11:00 Lunch served on site, percussion goes first
11:40 Uniforms on, shakos/plumes – Percussion (Winds Uniforms on at 11:55)
12:00 Move percussion to remote rehearsal area
12:20 Begin percussion rehearsal/sectional warmup
12:15 – Winds Visual Warmup in Camp
12:50 Winds transition to Band Site #3
12:56 Begin full percussion ensemble/winds warmup at scheduled site 3
2:03 Move to gate, pull pit, prop coordination
2:50 Back to camp, debrief, uniforms off, snack available
3:10 Return to stadium, watch OMB
3:45 Prelim awards
6:10 Uniforms on, shakos/plumes
6:30 Move percussion to remote rehearsal area
6:45 Winds begin visual warmup in camp
6:52 Water/snack available for winds at camp
7:18 Percussion transitions to Percussion Site #4
7:02 Winds transition to Band Site #4
7:08 Begin full percussion ensemble/winds warmup at scheduled site 4
8:15 Move to gate, pull pit, prop coordination
8:51 Return to camp, debrief, uniforms off
7:21 Students to stands, volunteers return pit to camp, load props
7:30 Complete camp tear down
10:30 Return to camp, board buses, attendance
10:45 Buses leave for SHS
12:45 Buses arrive SHS, check in uniforms
1:00-1:15am kids available for pickup