Here is the student schedule for the Century Showcase this Saturday, October 28 at Hillsboro Stadium. Some items to note:
- Students will be fed throughout course of the day. There will also be concessions sold at Hillsboro Stadium.
- Students need to bring black socks & show shirts and anything else associated with their uniform.
- Bring weather appropriate clothing to change into when out of uniform.
- Girls/Guys with long hair need to put their hair up into a bun to fit into shako. The band room will be open at 8:10am for hair, HOWEVER if 50 people show up to all get their hair done, we won’t be able to process that quantity; so please get your hair done at home if at all possible.
- Students can/should bring homework to do on the bus. There will be times throughout the bus ride and day where students can complete homework. There will also be moments in the day where the student in the role of a “performer” and also in the role of an “audience member” in an educational setting. Homework is allowed during the “free times”.
- Parents: They do charge $15 tickets at the gate to view performance.
Important: Students must meet grade expectations in order to perform.
Important: Students must have completed all due Naviance assignments in order to perform.
Important: Students must have SMB fees paid in full in order to compete.
8:10 Band room open for hair assistance
8:35 Call time/check out uniforms and rain coats/attendance/group meeting
9:15 Load buses
9:30 Buses depart Sherwood
10:05 Arrive at Hillsboro, eat breakfast
10:45 Uniforms on, shakos/plumes
10:45 Props ready for testing with Soundcart
11:00 Percussion move to rehearsal area
11:10 Winds move to rehearsal area begin rehearsal/sectional warmup
12:00 Begin full percussion ensemble warmup
12:35 End percussion ensemble, break down pit
12:40 Move to gate, prop coordination, pit moves to gate
1:15 Return to camp, debrief, out of uniforms, back to stands.
2:10 Prelim awards
2:40 Back to camp
3:45 Early Dinner
THIS PART OF SCHEDULE IS ESTIMATED BASED ON FINALS PERFORMANCE TIME
4:38 Uniforms on, personal items on bus (line cases up under buses), shakos/plumes
4:43 Props ready for testing with Soundcart
4:58 Percussion ensemble
5:13 Wind begin rehearsal/sectional warmup
5:53 Water/snack delivery to winds/guard
6:00 Recall time for pit crew/begin camp tear down
6:34 End percussion ensemble, break down pit
6:38 Move to gate, prop coordination, pit moves to gate
7:11 Back to camp, debrief, out of uniforms
7:32 Students back to stands, complete tear down
BACK ON FIXED SCHEDULE
8:30 Return to camp, help with tear-down
9:00 Board buses/attendance, trucks leave for SHS
9:10 Buses leave for SHS
9:45 Call time for unload crew, trucks arrive at SHS, call time for Uniform Crew #4
9:55 Buses arrive at SHS, turn in uniforms, help unload
10:25 Kids available for pickup