Here is the student schedule for the Liberty Marching Arts Challenge this Saturday, October 29 at Hillsboro Stadium. Some items to note:
- Students will be fed 2 full meals and two snacks. There will be concessions sold at Hillsboro Stadium.
- Students need to bring black socks & show shirts and anything else associated with their uniform.
- Bring weather appropriate clothing to change into when out of uniform.
- Girls/Guys with long hair need to put their hair up into a bun to fit into shako.
- Students can/should bring homework to do on the bus. There will be times throughout the bus ride and day where students can complete homework. There will also be moments in the day where the student in the role of a “performer” and also in the role of an “audience member” in an educational setting. Homework is allowed during the “free times”.
- Parents: They do charge $15 tickets at the gate to view performance.
Important: Students must meet grade expectations in order to perform.
Important: Students must have completed all due Naviance assignments in order to perform.
Important: Students must have SMB fees paid in full in order to compete.
Liberty Marching Arts Challenge Schedule
8:45 Call time/attendance/uniforms
9:20 Load buses
10:15 Arrive at Hillsboro/lunch
11:00 Uniforms on
11:29 Rehearsal (percussion/guard)
11:44 Rehearsal (winds/brass)
12:59 Line up and move to gate
1:19 Preliminary performance
1:32 Return to camp/debrief
3:25 Preliminary Awards
4:31 (or later) Uniforms on, personal items on buses (line cases up under buses)
5:15 Begin camp tear down
TBD Begin rehearsal
TBD Performance time
TBD Return to camp/debrief/snack
10:30 Buses depart for SHS
11:15 Buses arrive, check in uniforms
11:45 Kids available for pickup