Good Evening Band Families,
I am excited to invite you to our upcoming band booster board meeting. It will be held on Tuesday, July 19, 2016 at 7:30 p.m. in the SHS Band Room. We will be voting in new board members and preparing for the upcoming band year.
My time as Booster President has been rewarding and fulfilling because I have had the opportunity to get to know other band parents, work with your fabulous students and witness the generosity of our families and community. I am grateful to the board members past and present who volunteer their time and talents to support the band programs at the High School and middle schools so that your students get the best exerience possible out of band. I am looking for more/new volunteers to fill a few positions that are now vacant this coming fall. I ask that you consider your schedules and contact me if you would be willing to share your time and talents with us! Here are the positions that need to be filled this fall:
Booster Board Positions:
1. Treasurer (And Tax Preparer)
2. Color Guard Liason – (FILLED by Ann Wiren! Thank You)
3. LRMS Liason – (FILLED by Jodi Dotson! Thank You)
4. Sherwood Winter Showcase Coordinator
Committee Chairpersons (Not a board position, but works with a board member to complete these assignments:)*
1. Swingin’ with Spaghetti Coordinator
2. Holiday Bazaar Coordinator
3. Holiday Bazaar Concession Coordinator
4. Personal Fundraising Coordinator
5. Spring Trip Coordinator
6. Restaurant Night Coordinator
7. Concert/Ensemble Coordinator (Chaperones for Festivals, Instrument Transport etc., concert refreshments etc.)
8. Band Trailer Hauling Coordinator
9. MB Crew Chiefs (Equipment/Prop)
10. Winter Winds Liason
11. Winter Percussion Cadet Liason
*We are creating these new committee positions to spread service opportunities out and lighten the load of the current board members. These positions do not require you to attend every board meeting, unless you would like to!
Volunteering in the band program is a great way to get involved in your children’s activities and work with some really great parents. We would not be able to be successful without all of your assistance! If you would like further information or job descriptions for any of the above mentioned positions, please do not hesitate to e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 503-851-0029. We have really amazing and organized parents on the board right now, they will make the transition to filling the new positions seemless. If you know of anyone that would be suitable for these positions, please forward this e-mail on to them or let me know!
Thank you again for all of your service. I am humbled by your generosity.
Band Booster President