February 27th Solo & Ensemble Information, Reminders, and Good Ideas
- Show up to West Linn HS about 45 minutes ahead of time so that you can:
- Figure out parking, which isn’t ideal out there.
- Warm up in the Commons/Cafeteria Area
- Find your room and be there 10 minutes before you perform.
- There is NO REGISTRATION TABLE for this event. Follow the signs in the hallways.
- Room Name defines where the kids are playing. Consult the maps for where rooms are located or follow signs when on site.
- Make sure you bring an original copy of music (pencil mark free) for the adjudicator to read off of. (Do not bring a photocopy unless it’s an emergency).
- Performance scores will be posted anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours after the performance.
- Wear Attire that is Classy (Err on the side of formal).
- Tune to the piano in the room IF you are good at making tuning adjustments.
- Make the performing space (stands, chairs) comfortable for your needs.
- Another Good Idea – Once you are done performing and are at peace with the world. Stay and listen to other musicians in your performing area, you can learn a lot and will be amazed by what other musicians are doing in our region.
- ALSO – go listen to and support and clap for other Sherwood soloists and ensembles performing. Use the attached schedule to find them!