NWAPA Championships/Festival of Bands – Hosted @ Autzen Stadium in Eugene, OR
Saturday, October 31st
- Students will be fed throughout the day starting with lunch when we arrive to Autzen. Concessions will be also be sold at the stadium. Students should bring some snacks and water.
- Students need to bring black socks & show shirts and anything else associated with their uniform.
- Bring weather appropriate clothing to change into when out of uniform.
- Girls/Guys with long hair need to put their hair up into a bun to fit into shako.
- Parents: They do charge $15 tickets at the gate to view performance.
- Important: Parents – IF YOU WISH TO TAKE YOUR STUDENT HOME WITH YOU DIRECTLY AFTER THE COMPETITION (as opposed to riding the bus), PLEASE GIVE MR. STAI A HAND WRITTEN NOTE OR EMAIL IN ADVANCE. Keeping track of 105 students is challenging. Your advance notice is courteous & appreciated.
- Important: Please note the late arrival time back to SHS. THE RETURN TIME IS PACIFIC DAYLIGHT TIME (i.e. the schedule does not reflect that we have “fallen back” an hour yet). Kids will go directly home after they arrive via bus.
Saturday, October 31st – STUDENT SCHEDULE – (ALL TIMES ARE PACIFIC DAYLIGHT)
- 9:30 Call time/attendance
- 10:00 Buses depart Sherwood/Call time for setup crew at Autzen
- 12:00 Buses arrive at Autzen/lunch on-site/call time for uniform crew at Autzen
- 12:48 Uniforms on, shakos/plumes
- 1:33 Move to rehearsal area
- 1:43 Begin rehearsal/sectional warmup
- 2:43 Percussion ensemble
- 3:23 Move to gate, prop coordination, pit moves to gate
- 3:33 Gate
- 3:43 Performance
- 3:58 Pictures
- 4:13 Return to camp, debrief
- 4:30 Snack
- 4:48 OMB performance
- 5:30 Prelim awards
- 6:00 Uniforms on, shakos/plumes
- 6:20 Move to rehearsal area
- 6:30 Begin rehearsal/sectional warmup
- 6:48 Water/snack delivery
- 6:53 Water delivery to percussion
- 7:03 Percussion ensemble
- 7:04-7:43 Move to gate, prop coordination, pit moves to gate
- 7:14-7:53 Gate
- 7:24-8:03 Performance
- 7:44-8:13 Return to camp, debrief
- 7:59-8:28 Uniforms off and checked in, personal items on buses, camp tear down
- 8:00-8:30 Distribute sack dinner, take to stands and watch groups perform
- 10:45 Awards
- 11:15 Board buses/attendance
- 11:25 Buses leave for SHS
- 1:45am Buses arrive at SHS, kids available for pickup (ALL TIMES ARE PACIFIC DAYLIGHT)