Congratulations to the SHS Wind Ensemble for qualifying and receiving an outstanding late afternoon (4:15pm) performance slot at OSAA 6A Band contest on Saturday, May 16th. It is such a huge honor to be performing later in the day, adjacent to other programs who have been established for decades in the OSAA band contest; many of which are former contest champions. Our band musical art-form has no greater stage than that which will ensue this coming Saturday. It will be highly musical and highly competitive to say the least. I hope you can join us!
W.E. Students need to bring Mr. Stai $5 in cash by Tuesday. This is for the meal that band boosters will be preparing.
W.E. Students need to bring a sack lunch to eat on the bus ride to Corvallis.
W.E. Students need to sleep & eat healthy this week. Set yourself up to be in your best performing shape on Saturday.
OSAA State Band Contest Itinerary – Saturday, May 16th
- 10:15 – Call Time in Concert Attire
- 10:30 – Warm Up & Rehearsal
- 11:30 – Load Bus
- 11:50 – Depart – Hand out Snack at 1pm.
- 1:30 – Arrive & Store Instruments
- 2:00 – Observe Lakeridge & North Salem
- 3:15 – Get instruments out
- 3:25 – Ensemble Picture
- 3:45 – Warm Up
- 4:15 – Perform
- 4:45 – Sight Read
- 5:30 – Dinner – Provided by Boosters & Pack Up
- 6:30 – Listen to Sam Barlow(if time), David Douglas, West Salem
- 8:45 – Awards
- 9:15 – Load Bus & Depart
- 11:00 – Arrive at SHS