- Name(s) performing in solo or ensemble
- What you are playing (Either a solo, duet, trio, etc.)
- Accompanist Name (if using accompanist)
- Money – $10 check payable to SHS – Give to Debi Bear and bring Receipt back to Mr. Stai
- Individual Solo – $10
- Small Ensemble – $10 per ensemble (A Duet would pay $5 each, a trio $3.33 each, a quartet $2.50 each, etc.)
Help get people involved in this great activity! Our band program grows exponentially when our musicians participate in solo & ensemble!
OMEA District 14 Solo & Ensemble Festival Saturday, March 7th @ West Linn High School
This is an annual festival offered to HS & MS band student musicians in our area. Students are encouraged to prepare either a solo piece with accompaniment or to participate in a small ensemble (duet, trio, etc.) and perform in front of a small audience and adjudicator. This adjudicator writes comments in regards to the quality of performance and also gives constructive feedback for our students. Anyone who has gone through this process will testify that you grow exponentially as a musician when you prepare and perform a solo piece of music. The performing experience coupled with the constructive feedback of a professional adjudicator is a priceless experience for our young musicians who are looking for a challenge and to push themselves beyond the average day of music class. Students who place at the top of their instrument will go on to perform at the OSAA state solo contest.
Wind Ensemble members are expected to participate in this event. Concert or Bowmen band members interested in auditioning for Wind Ensemble next year should participate in this event.