Here are some useful lists. Call time at SHS is 6:40am on Saturday, October 4th
Items to put in your backpack to bring to a competition:
- Rain gear
- Warm Jacket
- Warm Gloves & Hat
- Sweat pants
- Black under armor type long sleeve shirt, no collar.
- Towel (to dry off wet equipment)
- Multiple pairs of socks – including black
- Extra snacks
- Spending Money (if you want to buy something)
Show etiquette basics:
The uniform is a symbol that the members should embody. Their actions in uniform determine how others will view the program, giving the impression of constant professionalism should set the example for other programs.
- No member walks alone in uniform.
- Never run when in uniform.
- Don’t eat while in uniform.
- Show shirts are be worn underneath the uniforms. In cold weather a black under armor type long sleeve shirt, no collar is recommended. This gives a sense of uniformity even without the tops on.
- Girls should wear their hair up in a tight bun or something similar to the third example of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX9kln-kE_0starting at 4:52. Boys with long hair should do something similar.
Out of uniform:
- Out of uniform, members are still representing the organization with everything they say and do. They represent their team, family, community, school, teammates, instructors, and ultimately themselves.
- No unprofessional or immature activity.
- In stands, be professional and supportive of every other group, clap for everyone and be appreciative of others’ success. Sit together.