Don’t forget to turn in your Swingin’ with Spaghetti Dinner Ticket Packets!!! Please have them at school no later than Monday February 7th. This helps Mrs. Ng-Wong in food preparation.
The band will also be selling raffle tickets for a chance to win an iPad (32 gig wifi) or a wii game system. The raffle tickets will be available next week for those of you that want to sell and/or purchase. They are $10 each. Stay tuned for more information on the Live and Silent Auction items we have so far! It’s going to be a great event!
NEW JAZZ BAND MUSIC POSTED
Go to the Jazz Band page to download
Jumpin at the Woodside
Sing Sing Sing
Dear Parents and Supporters,
On behalf of the Band Boosters, I am writing to ask for your assistance in making this year’s Swingin’ with Spaghetti ( SWS) a success. SWS is one our most lucrative and exciting fundraisers during the year which helps support our program offerings. In addition to the great music and food, there is also an auction. This year, the auction will be a live auction. Please do not be intimidated by this as there will be something for everyone and the auctioneer will be very supportive in this process and you will not walk away with spending 1.5 million on a sculpture due to a lack in paddle skills! Before this event can take place, there is a lot of behind-the-scenes work to be done. The SWS committee is in need of additional support and I am asking for your consideration to take this opportunity to help.
Here are some ways you can help make this event a success
1. Help your students sell their tickets! They have done such an amazing job the past couple of years selling tickets, but this year if they sell all of their tickets, their name will be submitted into a raffle for $50 worth of Band Apparel. Send out an email to your friends and family, bring tickets to work and other ways to make sure we have a packed house. If you need additional tickets of have questions contact me or Malia Jasmer. firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Help procure auction items. If you have connections, we are asking for you to use them to help: hotel stays, time shares, Blazer/sports tickets, a beach house, wine country trips, auto service, orthodontics (or any big ticket item) please send them our way. If you need a tax id/letter, we can provide that.
3. If you do not have connections to procure items, then we need for 10-15 parents to make phone calls, send letters to gather items to be auctioned off on Feb 12th. If you sign up, you will be given a list of 5 businesses from which to seek donations. success. Please contact Corrie Fewx at email@example.com or 503-481-4039 to help!!
I am personally looking forward to this event as always. It is so much more than a fundraiser. It is a time to share music and build community in a time when we need it the most. Thank you for your consideration to support our program.
THE SHS JAZZ BAND WILL BE PERFORMING AT THE WILLAMETTE JAZZ FEST SATURDAY FEBRUARY 5th 10AM
- Call time is 9am at Willamette University
CLICK HERE FOR DIRECTIONS
- Bring your instrument and wear your tux/dress
- Everyone will find their own mode of transportation to this event
- The event lasts all day until 5:30, those that would like to go home can do so after our performance, but I encourage everyone to stay for the noon clinic and if possible for the evening concert at 7:30
CLICK HERE FOR ADDITIONAL INFO
Swingin’ with Spaghetti February 12, 2011 in the Sherwood HS Commons 6pm-8:30pm Hello band parents and students! Our 12th annual Swingin with Spaghetti fundraiser is set for next month. This is the band department and Boosters biggest fundraiser of the year and a wonderful community event. All of the jazz bands are showcased throughout the spaghetti dinner. We are also shaking it up a bit this year with a live auction and raffle. Stay tuned for an update on some of the packages that will be up for bid. Students: Please get your 10 allocated tickets to sell from Mr Petrik starting on Tuesday the 18th. Whom ever sells all ten of their tickets will be entered into a drawing for a $50 gift certificate towards band apparel! The unsold tickets and money need to be returned by Feb 2. Please be prepared to play, serve or help with set-up, and take-down the night of the event. A portion of the funds raised go directly to help offset your trip costs or other participation fees and all things band! It is also a great opportunity to show your family, friends, and community members what awesome music students, programs and teachers we have inSherwood schools!
Parents: We are currently seeking donations for the auction; Blazer or event tickets, dinner gift cards or vacation condos, homes ect. Please contact Corrie Fewx if you have a donation or know of someone who would like to support our programs. firstname.lastname@example.org We are looking for a way to purchase an Ipad at a discount , or have one donated for our raffle. We have a good start on donated funds towards our purchase, but are looking for any way to keep the cost down and our profit margin high! Please contact Malia Jasmer if you want to donate or have any ideas as far as purchasing this item. And last but not least, we are looking for volunteers for the night of the event. Look for an email from Leslie Pihl our communications officer for specific needs. Thank you for helping make this event another memorable one! Sherwood High School Band Booster Club and your Swingin with Spaghetti Team
In less than 80 days, we will be on our way to San Francisco! The bands are working hard to create great music each day in preparation for the trip and are excited for the upcoming months.Here is some important information for you.
The 2nd trip payment was due December 17th. If you have not turned in this 2nd installment, please do by the end of this week. There are a couple students who have not turned in the first payment. If you are unsure, please contact Mr. Petrik. Just a reminder that students can request funds from the Band Boosters. The forms are available from Mr. Petrik.
Student registration for the trip needs to be done on line. The information provided confirms your participation and allows me to start creating room lists and other organizational needs. It is very easy and I would appreciate completion ASAP. You will then be able to visit MYTRIP which will keep you up-to-date on our trip plans.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER trip ID # is 58491
Here is a link to a recording of “Blackbird” for Jazz Band
I hope all of you had a wonderful break and are ready to shift into high gear as we move into the second half of the school year! Please make sure to keep informed by checking the website and the calendar.
Winter Percussion Schedule CLICK HERE
B-Ball Band Schedule CLICK HERE