The pepband music is now available under the student section minus basses and trumpet 1. We will print these for those who need them by tomorrow’s rehearsal
Parents and Students,
To help our students meet the financial needs to participate in the extra-curricular band activities, the boosters have started a sponsorship program. Simply mail or e mail the sponsorship form to as many family, friends and community members as possible. Donations received will be applied directly to the students band booster account to help offset the individual costs for marching band and other extra-curricular student fees.
CLICK HERE Sponsorship Form
THE DRILL HAD A MISTAKE. IF YOU HAVE PRINTED BEFORE 6pm on SUNDAY. GO BACK AND PRINT THE NEW DRILL!!
We have changed the show name to Thermopylae to make the connection to true historical value. If you have time, delve into the history about the battle.
Also, the drill sets 1-5 are posted. Print these and bring them to camp tomorrow. Have a great day and we will see you tomorrow!
The show music has been updated. There are some minor changes that have added to some movements and shortened others, but the main ideas are still the same. Pleas print out the new music and recycle you old music. Also posted, is the warm-ups you will need for music rehearsal. Please print these for your particular instrument.
GO BOWMEN BAND!
The drumline, pit and leadership crew have been making great progress on the show and now it is your turn to join us! Tomorrow is the start of basics band camp. ALL MARCHING MEMBERS will meet tomorrow in the PAC at 8am. There, we will begin our journey for this season. If you are still unsure if you would like to participate, please come and see if you like it. We have a great staff, show and leaders that will make this year a fun and exciting one! Please see the list of items you will want to bring in the previous post. See all of you tomorrow morning!
WHAT YOU NEED FOR CAMP
1. School appropriate clothing, sunscreen, hat, chapstick etc…
2. Athletic shoes: no flip flops or skate board shoes. They need to be laced and fitting.
3. Insulated water jug: yes jug…you will need to stay hydrated
4. Sturdy 3 ring binder with a min. of 100 page protectors
5. Small 3×5 notebook for coordinates (dot book) that can be hung from your neck
6. Mechanical pencils
7. Healthy snacks and lunch (there will be no time to leave campus to get lunch)
8. Music Memorized (www.bowmen band.com in the student section use the code “forte”
The calendar is online and is linked to my current calendar so all changes made will be instantly available to you.
FORMS- ALL FORMS ARE ON THE WEBSITE
FILL OUTAND BRING TO CAMP:
Medical/Travel release form
Uniform fitting form
All other forms will be handed out to students August 18th and return the 23rd.
Marching Band Fee: $225
– This fee covers shoes, shirt, gloves, travel and food for the season. The fee is due at the beginning of the full band camp (August 23rd). If this fee is a hardship, please contact Mr. Petrik to make arrangements for payment and fund raising options. FEES SHOULD NOT DETER ANYONE FROM PARTICIPATING. WE WILL MAKE IT WORK.
Instrument Rental: $50 per instrument
Fitting will be held August 30th and Sept 1st from noon- 3pm. Please plan to be there the entire time as sectionals will be held during this time as well.
BRASS AND DRUMLINE will be fitted on the 30th
WOODWINDS will be fitted the 1st.
LEADERSHIP (chain of command)
Our student leaders have been trained to make band a great experience and to be ambassadors for their sections. To maximize our effectiveness, please contact your section leaders before you contact staff if you have any questions.